Ultracycling athletes compete in events not less than 200 kilometers or, for a defined time, at least six hours in duration. Most races are much longer!
Athletes challenge themselves and each other to “go long” and “stay strong”!
Ultracycling is more than just a long bike ride. Ultracycling invites an athlete to find their very best inside themselves while riding their bicycle.
- Formally, ultracycling is any bicycle ride that is more than 200 kilometers (125 miles) in length or six hours in duration, completed as a single effort.
- Ultracycling is one of the fastest growing disciplines in cycling! It started in 19 when some athletes raced their bikes across America, now the world-famous Race Across America.
- You love your bicycle! Whether its a multi-speed road or time trial bike, a fixed speed, a recumbent, a hand-cycle, or a tandem, you find joy every time you ride.
- You seek challenges–tests of your spirit and your fitness that demand you to go beyond what you think is possible.
- You are competitive–both with yourself and other athletes.
- Every one of our members began by choosing one goal, and then selecting another goal. A bit longer in distance, a bit faster in speed, a bit further in distance. Its the nature of ultracyclists to go a bit farther and often a bit faster with each new challenge.