1. When. The Indoor Challenge runs each Winter beginning November 1 and ending March 31.
2. Equipment. Rides may be done on any indoor bicycling equipment.
3. Breaks. No more than one break per hour, and no more than five minutes per break. Break time does not count toward pedaling time. On rides of six hours or more, an additional 15 minute break is allowed every six hours.
4. Points. A ride must be at least 2 hours long to earn points. Additional points are awarded only for full hour increments as follows:
|1st full two hours in a session||2 points|
|next full hour (3rd hr)||2 points|
|next full hour (4th hr)||3 points|
|next full hour (5th hr)||4 points|
|next full hour and subsequent full hours||5 points each hour|
5. Submissions. Sessions should be submitted on-line using the indoor ride submission form. To be counted, results must be sent within five days following the end of the month. (Example: results for January must be received by February 5th.) You can always access the current indoor standings on the UMCA website.
The indoor challenge is open to anyone who is a UMCA member. No registration is necessary, just send your results online.